THE GARDEN CLUB OF HOUSTON
Community Contributions Committee
2017 Grant Request Guidelines for CCC Assessments
The Garden Club of Houston, organized in 1924, a member of the Garden Club of America since 1932, strives to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening in the community and to restore, improve, and protect the quality of the environment through programs and action in the fields of conservation, civic improvement, and education.
The Community Contributions Committee of The Garden Club of Houston is responsible for receiving, searching out, researching and considering proposals for awarding Club funds to worth while civic and community projects whose purposes are within our spectrum of interests and for making funding recommendations to the Board of Directors and General Membership of the Club. Examples of past projects include: creation and preservation of landscapes (public gardens, parks, arboreta, nature centers and roadsides), educational publications and events, scholarships and contributions to library collections.
Grants are made only to 501(c)(3) organizations or government entities. Priority is given to organizations in the Houston area. Grants are not made to operating funds or endowments. The Garden Club of Houston requires grant recipients to send a one page follow-up report to the address below one year from the May notification date of approval indicating how the funds were spent in accordance with the grant guidelines, and to be available upon request to host an on-site visit. The funding of grants is conditional and an inability to utilize the funds according to guidelines within the time frame could result in our rescinding the grant.
The Garden Club of Houston does not have an application form. All requests should be submitted electronically. The request for funding should include:
1. Brief background information about the organization;
2. Specific description of the project including project objectives, time frame, complete budget information and details about how funds will be spent. (Pictures, plans and maps are helpful.)
3. Summary of who will benefit from the proposed project.
4. Amount requested from The Garden Club of Houston. It is recommended that large requests be itemized and prioritized.
5. History of previous funding from The Garden Club of Houston.
6. Other sources of funding for the project.
No grant requests will be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 15, 2017.
A response letter will be sent to all applicants no later than May 27, 2018.
Please submit requests to:
Chairman, Community Contributions Committee